Praying in Psalm 16
Here are some prayer bullets to help you in your prayer walk, based on a prayer from the Psalms. Use these bullets to structure your prayer as you walk.
Psalm 16:1-2 (NLT)
Keep me safe, Or God, for I have come to your for refuge.
I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Every good thing I have comes from you."
- We belong to You, God.
- Preserve and protect during this time.
- You are our only hope
Psalm 16:3 (NLT)
The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!
- Blessed are the peacemakers, those who work for peace.
- You are the truth, the light. You are the only solution to our problems
- We lift up our government officials
- We lift up the police officers
- We lift up law enforcement families
- We lift up the downtown business owners
Psalm 16:4 (NLT)
Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.
I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood or even speak the names of their gods.
- We confess we are too often silent to injustice
- We are more concerned about political allegiance than our Kingdom allegiance
- We actively defend our own name, but are negligent in lifting up Yours.
- We are often hateful, prideful, and angry.
- Turn our hearts to you.
Psalm 16:5-6 (NLT)
Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!
- We lift the broken-hearted to you, the disillusioned and disappointed.
- We lift the families of Tower Road and surrounding areas to you
- Hear their cries and carry their burden
- Allow them to see their true inheritance, their cup of blessing... YOU
- Heal hurting hearts
- Break these sinful strongholds in our hearts and culture
- Flood us with grace, love, and generosity
Psalm 16:7–8 (NLT):
I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
- Use us, the church, as your light
- Let us be peacemakers, speaking love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control
- Compel us to stand for the oppressed
- We will not fear, we will stand for the gospel
- We know you will never leave, never forsake.
- Let your presence and power be seen and felt in our midst, and let it change our community.
We will gather back together in the roundabout to close in prayer together.
Before you Go
Be sure to sign up for a prayer time this coming Tuesday/Wednesday during the next 24 Hours of Prayer.