The Seamless Summer Feeding Program works in cooperation with the National School Lunch Program and U.S. Department of Agriculture to feed children ages 1 – 18 and for persons up to 21 years of age who are physically or mentally handicapped and participate in a public or private non-profit school program during the school year. Meals are free of charge, regardless of income (in specific attendance areas where 50% or more of the children qualify for free/reduced lunch). Gilmer County area qualifies and has 8 open sites.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
LOCATION AND TIMES
Tower Road Mobile Home Park
456 Tower Road, Ellijay
IF YOU'RE OUR DRIVER:
You will pick-up food at
GILMER HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA at 11:15AM
(Located on the backside of high school)
and deliver directly to OUR SITE on Tower Road.
EVERYONE ELSE ON SERVE TEAM:
You will meet and begin set-up at
Tower Road Mobile Home Park at 11:15AM
and begin serving lunches at 11:45AM
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SERVING
1. Our set-up consists of putting up two tables and two tents in front of the laundry mat, plus a tarp and tent on the grass to the left side of laundry mat where children are encouraged to stay and eat their lunches.
2. Serve each child a lunch and a breakfast each day. (Seconds may be served only after all children have received firsts.)
3. Fill out Daily Meal Count Forms that are provided which MUST be filled out daily! Student meal counts must be reported accurately. This is extremely important since this information MUST be reported to the USDA and also to the State Department of Education. Here's how to do the count:
• Count one lunch and one breakfast per child.
• After all children have received a meal, second's can be served and recorded on the count sheet as seconds.
• Any meals left can be given to adults and recorded on count sheet as adult.
• Daily Meal Count Form must be returned each day with food containers to the high school by the designated DRIVER for that day.
4. Collect trash in the bags that are located in our coolers inside the laundry mat. Designated DRIVER for that day will dispose of trash.
STEM CAMP FOR KIDS
There will also be a STEM Camp for Kids happening at the same location on June 13-16 from 8:30-11:30, sponsored by Gilmer School System. In the past, we have offered the use of our tent and tarp on the grass area if needed. We are also invited to help with camp if desired.
If you have any questions, please contact Dianne Fowler at 770-377-7935 or email email@example.com